KELZ "Foolin' / Kill Em All" Official Video

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Matt Lauer Speaks on Kanye's Twitter Post on Today Show Interview





Matt Lauer responded to Kanye West’s Twitter rant after his interview on The Today Show yesterday where he discussed the incident in which he said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

Kanye accused Lauer of trying to force answers out of him during the tense interview.

Kanye gets kudos for not backing down from his stance on what he (and many others) perceived as the government’s racist response to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. “I think a lot of things that happen in America, period, are because of race.” said Kanye.

Kanye objected to Lauer playing a tape of Bush condemning Kanye’s remarks to get a response from him: “I didn’t need you guys to show me the tape… to prompt my emotions.”

He struggled with Lauer’s leading attempts to get him to say he was sorry for calling Bush a racist. “I did not have enough information in that situation to call him a racist.”

Later, Kanye lashed out angrily when Lauer played the MTV VMA clip of him snatching Taylor Swift’s mic.

“Yo, how am I supposed to talk if you’re gonna run this thing in the middle while I’m talking,” he said as the MTV clip played. Lauer explained to Kanye that the audio was “under” him, meaning low.

“But I’m hearing it while I’m trying to talk. Please don’t let that happen again!,” Kanye snapped to the producers off camera.

Afterward, Lauer explained that running video while a guest is talking is “something we do every day.” He even plugged Kanye’s upcoming live performance on The Today Show on Friday, November 26.

In case you missed it, here's the Twitter Post:


“Man I’m heading to Abu Dhabi finna go to Ferrari Land YESSSS!!! But before I take off let me tell you how they did me at the Today show… I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist…. While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the “MTV” under me with audio!!!!!!! I don’t mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show … and that’s a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT. I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don’t trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don’t do press anymore. I can’t be everything to everybody anymore. I can’t be everybody’s hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!

I can’t take anymore advice!!! I create, I’m creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day. Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don’t trust anyone! Very judged very scrutinized very criticized! I want everyone to know I have lows all the time but I make it through them! Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that shit was cool to play the “MTV” clip while I was speaking about Bush?

He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It’s all a fucking set up!!!! This is rock and roll life my people… you can’t stop the truth you can’t stop the music and I have to be strong or “they” win!!!! Sometimes it’s not simple, some days it’s not easy… I just want to create. I love you guys, thanks for the support!

Source:www.sandrarose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive